Tuesday 20 March 2012

Gratitude post

I'm feeling particularly down today, so rather than wallow in it I've done my best to try and find some things to be grateful for....

  • I have a good car that is nice to drive and am about to embark on a drive from Canberra to Melbourne.
  • I have friends who arranged a date for me with one of their friends – looks like it won’t go anywhere, but at least they made the effort.
  • I have a beautiful dog that I love with all my heart.
  • I have a friend I could ring at 11pm last night – crying because I don’t think this potential relationship is going anywhere and I still allow myself to get too invested in these things.  He listened and didn't make me feel like an idiot.
  • I have nice hair with a good haircut - yep got it done for my great date!
  • I had a man who was interested enough in me to readjust his schedule in order to see me twice over the weekend.
  • I have discovered melatonin to help me sleep when I’m feeling down and too upset to sleep.
  • I feel I sometimes have the ability to see into another person’s heart and thus I have the potential for a very loving and close relationship.
  • Although it doesn’t feel like it at the moment, I must have resilience as I have just put myself out there once again – despite the constant pain.
  • I still have a tiny weeny bit of hope that one day I’ll develop a loving relationship with a partner, who loves and accepts me foibles and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment